Welcome to our first contest at The Life Mosaic. This month’s prize:
$25 from my pocket donated to the nonprofit organization of your choice.
On the left-hand sidebar of The Life Mosaic I’ve posted images and videos with links to some of the nonprofit organizations and causes which mean a lot to me, including at the time of this writing 10-old.org, Imagine No Malaria, the United Methodist Council on Relief, and the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund. I’ll post about each of these organizations throughout the remainder of the month and I encourage you to check them out and, if your heart and mind align, to please make a donation to their cause. In return, I’m offering a little cash out of my wallet for one of your favorite nonprofits, too.
Let me and other readers know about a nonprofit cause you’re passionate about in the comments below. Be sure to include the name, link, and a little bit about the nonprofit’s focus so we all learn something new. One lucky commenter will be randomly selected and have $25 donated in their name to the nonprofit in their comment. If you see nonprofits another commenter explains and want to know more, feel free to ask questions or offer kudos in a separate comment.
A winner will be announced in a new post on or about February 1, 2013 and retroactively announced here. I’ll send the winner an email and we’ll talk details on the donation. Also, if the winner has a blog and would please make a post with a courtesy link to The Life Mosaic, I would appreciate it. In fact, if anyone wants to link to this contest to spread the word, I certainly won’t stop you.
Oh, and I know $25 isn’t a lot of money. Of course, you can always match my donation with your own – and that’s whether your entry is the winner or not!
Let’s see how far this spreads.
Rules (Subject to change; hey, it’s my first contest here!):
- Only comments made on this post between 12:01am on January 15, 2013 and 11:59pm on January 31, 2013 are eligible entries.
- One entry per person, per contest, thanks.
- Your comment must include the name, link, and a brief explanation of the nonprofit’s focus. Example: Imagine No Malaria is a joint effort sponsored by the United Methodist Church and other organizations to wipe out malaria in sub-Saharan Africa.
- The nonprofit must be an established 501(c)3, 501(c)4, or 501(c)5.
No, The Human Fund doesn’t count.
- Finally, while I appreciate we all have our own favorite causes, I won’t donate to any cause I find antithetical to my beliefs (don’t bother posting something anti-Christian or anti-gay, for example).
02.01.2013 UPDATE: “Hot dog, we have a wiener!” Michele B. was randomly selected and $25 has been donated to the National Mill Dog Rescue.